ADASTRA - 2003
The IEEE Student's Chapter, SNIST is proud to present you the IEEE National Level Technical Meet 'Adastra' - 'to the stars' on the 14'th and 15'th February 2003. The meet is intended to provide a platform for students across the country to display as well as enhance their skills. This meet also presents an opportunity for the students to interact with their counterparts from various parts of india and also with people from the industry.
Like the motto of IEEE Students' chapter, SNIST goes - get inspired, we are sure that at the end of the day you will be inspired to reach greater heights in your career.
Please click the topic of your interest in the picture shown below.
Details of the POSTER Presentation Contest
Technical Paper Contest :The rules for the paper contest are as follows:
ADASTRA - 2003
Sree Nidhi Institute of Science and Technology
Yamnampet, Ghatkesar - 501301
5. The paper must be accompanied by a Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘Principal, Sree Nidhi Institute of Science and Technology’. Cash is not accepted. The fees is as follows:
Rs.100 for IEEE Members
Rs.150 for Non Members
The IEEE membership number must be specified (for IEEE members) and the proof for the same (membership card) must be furnished when the student comes for the contest.
6. Outstation Candidates will be provided accommodation.
7. The last date for receiving papers is 25th January
Details of the POSTER Presentation contest :
The contestants will be provided with a thermocol pin-up board on which you can display your paper, not exceeding A1 size (chart paper size).
Prizes will be awarded depending on how well & how creatively the main idea of the paper is depicted on the poster.
Due weightage will also be given to the way the theme is explained to the judges and other participants.
we would like your confirmation regarding your participation in the above . In case you need accomodation to be provided , please inform us by 7th FEB,2003 positively. Also intimate us about your travel plans(your arrival details like time ,date , mode of transport etc.) once they are confirmed.
The route map to snist can be downloaded from the main page.
The rules for inQUIZitive (Quiz) are :
1. The team should consist a maximum of three members.
2. The teams are initially screened via a written test and four teams will be selected for the final round.
3. The QUIZ is a blend of both Technical and General knowledge and is not related to any field in particular.
4. The participants can register themselves by sending their names and the name of their college firstname.lastname@example.org. Spot registration is also entertained.
5. The event will be conducted on Feb 15th, 2003.
Web Design Contest :
The rules for this contest are :
1. Participants are required to design the website according to their own convenience, and send the website address email@example.com
2. There is no entry fee for the contest. The last date for submission of the website is January 25th, 2003.
The criteria on which entries for our Webdesign contest of Adastra 2003 will be judged are:
4. Overall Presentation
6. Loading Time
Participants will have to design a website for an Educational Institution. The details of how to make the site, what to put on it, etc. are entirely up to the participants. They may host the site on any server they wish, even free servers like Tripod, etc. are perfectly OK.
Programming Contest :
The rules for the programming contest are :
1. The contest will be conducted on Feb 14th, 2003.
2. Participants will be given a topic on the spot.
3. The working platform is Windows and the language in which the program must bw written is C/C++.
4. There is no entry fee for this contest.
5. The participants can register themselves by sending their names and the name of their college firstname.lastname@example.org. Spot registration is also entertained.
Contact Us :
The decision of the judges will be final and binding with respect to all the contests in the Meet. For further details, you can contact us at :
You can also call up at one of these phone nos. for one to one interaction with the event organizers.
1. Rajeev Satyesh - Chairman - 040-27804996
2. D.Kiran - Treasurer - 040-27172756